Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Opening Day!

When I first moved into my new house last summer I noticed my Mom was always watching something on TV that involved 9 men on a green field using fat sticks to hit a white ball. Mom explained she was watching baseball and that the sticks are called baseball bats. I quickly figured out that Mom is a HUGE fan of the game.

That's why today is a very BIG day. It's opening day for the 2008 baseball season! Can you figure out our favorite team?


Yes, Mom is a Cardinals fan. And in honor of the big day, she let me borrow her hat.

I guess she has been a fan since she was a little girl. She says the goal every year is for the Cardinals to make it to something called the World Series. The Cardinals won the World Series in 2006 and my Mom was at the winning game. That's before I was born. But my former brother, McGwire, was alive then. I guess he was named after home run king Mark McGwire.


Mom says bunny McGwire gave the team lots of luck in 2006. I hope I can give the Cardinals luck this year. I have a real Cardinals baseball jersey (signed by former Cardinal Scott Rolen) above my cage.
Now all I need to do is figure out how to wear this hat!



GO CARDS!!!