Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hi there. My Mom tells me that today is something called St. Patrick's Day. She says it is an important holiday to celebrate the patron Saint of Ireland. I have NO idea what that means...but I think that means he was really important.

Anyway, Mom says people celebrate St. Patrick's Day by wearing green, holding parades, lots of signs and posters with green shamrock leaves and a funny little person she calls a leprechaun. Mom is part Irish, so this is an extra special day for her.

I was worried that she was going to make me wear another stupid hat until she told me people sometimes eat and drink things that are colored green. Well I LOVE to eat things that are green. Mom must have known how I would react because as soon as she was done telling me all about St. Patrick's Day she gave me a bunch of cilantro to eat.

I've never met St. Patrick but we can celebrate him every single day if it means I get cilantro!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!