Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter 2009!

Happy Easter...or as I like to say Hoppy Bunny Day!

It has been a busy 24 hours here at my house. Just like last year, the most important bunny in the world, the Easter Bunny, asked me to assist him with his Easter duties. Of course, I hopped at the chance (hehe...hopped...get it?). And since Pacer is visiting me, I asked my famous BunSpace friend to help me.

We've spent the past several hours hiding colorful plastic eggs full of candy for the kids in my neighborhood. We would show you examples of our work but then we would have to show you our hiding spots. That wouldn't be any fun, would it? :)

Being the Easter Bunny's helpers really wore us out. So Pacer and I were planning on spending a quiet afternoon taking a nap. But when we got home, we found the Easter Bunny had left both of us baskets FULL of fun stuff. He told my Mom it was his way of thanking us for helping this year. I think we owe the Easter Bunny a big THANKS!



My basket was stuffed with timothy hay and a few hidden berry yogurt drops (my favorite). I also got a new stuffed bunny to play with, a fun food basket, a wooden chew toy to hang from my cage, a baseball chew toy (it is baseball season after all), a box of lofty treats, a box of raviolos, and special bunny keyring with yummy wooden carrots. The Easter Bunny left me a note to say the last two items were specially requested by my Grandma and Grandpa McHugh. Awesome!

I couldn't wait to check out my basket!




Pacer's basket included a new stuffed friend, a baseball chew toy like mine, and treats. Pacer was SO surprised that he got a basket that he wasn't sure what to do. Naturally, I stepped in and helped him inspect it.


Of course, we had to check out Pacer's basket from ALL sides.



Here are some more photos of me and Pacer checking out out Easter Baskets.






Once Pacer was settled and enjoying his basket, I quickly got to work introducing my new stuffed bunny to my bearbun.


Then I got busy playing with my new baseball and bunny keyring.


Then I swiped a treat from my basket and went into one of my favorite corners to savor it. By the time Mom took this picture all that was left was a pile of crumbs. :)

Finally I asked Mom to help me hang my new food basket and wooden chew toy in my cage. I think they really brighten up my space, don't you?


Hoppy Easter everyone from the McHugh-Johnston household (and Pacer too!).