Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Runny Nose!

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well.

I've have not had a very good week. I started sneezing on Tuesday. I tried to tell Mom that I just got a piece of hay stuck up my nose (it happens all of the time). But she wasn't so sure.

I did my best to hide from her. I didn't want her to see that there was this funny liquid dripping out of my nose. I used my tongue to lick it up real fast so Mom couldn't see it.

I kept trying not to sneeze, but sometimes I just couldn't stop. On Thursday I sneezed so many times (it seemed like a million) that a whole bunch of stuff came out of my nose. Mom called it snot. Whatever it was, it was yucky looking. As you can imagine, Mom was horrified. I had been caught! And I knew right then that I was going to have to go to see the V-E-T.

Sure enough, Mom loaded me into her car and took me to see Dr. Tasha the next day. I was NOT happy. Don't get me wrong, I like Dr. Tasha. I am just not a fan of being poked and having funny looking metal sticks stuck up my you-know-what! Plus, Mom had Dr. Tasha cut my nails. UGH! I actually acted pretty good, but I did squirm a few times just to make sure Mom knew I wasn't too happy about all of the "special" attention.

Dr. Tasha told Mom she was worried about my nose, so now I have to take those icky medicine pills for 14 days! I hate those pills. I hate them SO much that I do not make it easy for Mom and Dad to give them to me. They "think" they can sneak them into my food and treats. Do they really think I won't notice? Ha!

Here's Dad trying to feed me one of my pills....with carrots.

Man...he's good. It took some time, but somehow I managed to miss the pill in the carrot and I ate it anyway. Yuck, yuck, yuck! Dad smiled when I ate it.

Since I am "under the weather," Mom told me I wasn't allowed to leave the house for awhile. So today, Mom and Dad went to the Muscatine Art Center's annual ice cream social (Mom is President of the Friends of the Muscatine Art Center). I didn't really want to go anyway, so I wasn't too upset. But Dad brought back this photo of my Mom and my Aunt Lynn (she's not really my aunt...but my favorite sitter). Mom is on the left and Aunt Lynn is on the right.

Don't they look silly in those hats? Mom said the hats were one of the art projects for the kids that came to the social. I guess Mom felt bad that I didn't get to go to the ice cream social. She bought me a new colorful cube to play in. It's kind of cool. Thanks Mom!

Well that's the news that's fit to print from my house today. Bye for now!