Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today started off as a normal day.  Mom fed me my usual breakfast, I roamed the lower level of the house, and I napped in my infamous "man cave."  So I was not happy when Mom and Dad told me that they had a BIG surprise for me.  Why wasn't I happy?  They forced me to watch them clean my room before they revealed my surprise.  I paced back-and-forth outside of my room, anxiously awaiting my surprise.  Mom decided to vacuum my room...so I had to wait even longer (ugh!).  But in the end, I am glad I waited.  It's my birthday this weekend.  Mom and Dad surprised me with a cake!

Here's what my cake looked before it arrived in my room.  Can you count the carrot candles?  Yep, I'm SIX!


As soon as the cake was mine, I ignored Mom and Dad and dug right in.  Mom snapped pictures anyway (honestly, I don't remember Mom taking the photos).  Of course, somehow she was able to get a birthday hat into some of the photos.  I really hate hats, but I like cake...so I promise not to be mad at Mom for the hat.

 
 
 
 
 
 





Mom says this is her favorite photo of the day (really...my mouth is wide open?)



When I was full of birthday cake, Dad took this picture of me and Mom.  She always wears the goofy hat on my birthday.  She says it has something to do with tradition.  I don't know what that really means, but if it means I get cake every year on my birthday then she can wear that goofy hat every year!  (Notice Mom's new glasses?  I think she looks like my Grandma McHugh in those glasses). 


That's enough excitement for me today.  I'm off to take a well deserved nap.  Until next time....